Expelled Student Of Redeemer's University Gives Reasons For His Expulsion

Expelled student of Redeemer's University, Debo Adedayo talked on what led to his expulsion by the varsity authorities.



Debo Adedayo who happens to be the student leader of the institution revealed that the 'Vice Chancellor' was angry because he didn't receive any award.  Debo Adebayo had an interview with Punch.

According to Punch, Adedayo is an actor, entertainer and also former President of the Redeemer's University Students Association. He is 24 years old and hails from Ikija town Ogun state. His father Mr. Musa Alao Adedayo, a journalist and his mum Mrs. Dorcas Adedayo, an educationist. He is a muslim.

Debo Adedayo belonged to the theatre arts department. He wasn't issued his certificate after he sat for final examinations and completed his project defence. According to him his results was sent to him and he passed well.

"I first served as the social director of the students' association in the 2015/2016 academic session. I remember a particular time when I tried to invite singer Adekunle Gold to the university. The director of Students Services, Dr. Arogundade gave verbal approval. We paid over N400,000 for the perormance. I later got a call from Dr. Arogundade that we should not bring in Adekunle Gold into the school because he is a worldly artiste and unfit for varsity.

We tried to make our case known to the Vice-Chancellor. The Vice-Chancellor said he knew me to be very sound person but thought I was lost in the world for trying to bring the artiste. The money was neither refunded nor was the artiste allowed to come to the university.

I also remember the day I tried to organise a cultural day event. I shared the idea with the director and told him we were inviting the publisher of Alaroye Newspaper to be the guest speaker for the day. He agreed then later discovered that the publisher Mr. Adedayo is a muslim and later said we shouldn't allow people like that to come to the university.

I told him they are many Muslim students in the university. If the university can admit them, why can't a Muslim come to the university to impact on the lives of the students?"

Debo claims to have not mentioned any names in the Facebook or Instagram post  and he wasn't referring to anyone in particular that it was just a general remark. The post was mainly to express how glad he was to have met with Prof. Wande Abimbola.

He was summoned by the university and later noticed his name was not on the convocation list.

"I don't know why the university feels I referred to them. Did they see the posts where I praised the university and advertised it? Why did they decide to pick on a post where I neither mentioned the name of the university nor anyone? I didn't accuse the Vice-chancellor or any other lecturer of any failings. I wasn't even expecting to be summoned concerning any post by the university. I was only awaiting my convocation."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avengers Infinity War: Captain America DIED in Wakanda but brought back with Time Stone?

JULY 12TH - THE MOVIE REVIEW

Rapper Meek Mill sentenced to up to four years in jail